Monday, March 11, 2013

Videos and Literature

In my web design class, my teacher had us make videos. We're watching everyone's videos in class today.

The people in my class are really talented video editors. No joke. Some of these amateur videos blew me away. It made my little sign language video seem awful, even though I still got applause. I wish I could put them on here...


We watched a video called Hacking Democrasy in my Government class. It was really interesting. It showed just how easy it is to hack into the devices that we vote on. And it is EASY. The people who test that stuff hacked it in ten seconds. We also watched a really cool one about North Korea. That one was mind-blowing. It was a great look into an unlimited government.

I'm currently reading Jane Eyre for my AP Literature class. It's a very insightful an well written novel, and I adore it thus far. I really enjoy the symbolism of Jane and the supernatural. It makes her different from her peers, but in a good way. She thinks for herself. That was very forward thinking for its time, considering she is a woman.

I really enjoy the Bildungsroman genre in general, really. I like that there is no main antagonist. It is, first and foremost, a story about life. Life doesn't have villains. At least not ones that are around your entire life. I think that's why I love Bambi so much. Well, the fact that the artwork is breathtaking helps a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment